Put your skills to work for a fast-paced communications agency with a stellar reputation and one of the biggest names in the business, literally. We’re a place where being creative is not only encouraged, it’s expected. From coming up with the next big thing for some of the world’s most beloved brands to helping new businesses make their mark, there’s never a dull moment at FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR).
If you’re a natural storyteller who’s obsessed with keeping on the pulse of culture, come join our team of media relations and social strategists, writers, designers, and videographers in creating share-worthy stories for all the feeds.
We are currently hiring an Account Executive for our Toronto Office and we’re looking for a dynamic, motivated, team player who has a passion for media relations and creative ideas!
As the Account Coordinator or Account Executive, you will be responsible for:
• Developing compelling media pitches and story angles
• Pitching media and fostering relationships
• Contributing to creative brainstorms and beginning to suggest new story ideas
• Writing client-ready documents
• Analyzing and interpreting research data and providing recommendations and feedback
• Managing vendors and understanding financial aspects of projects which include budgeting and PO process
• Identifying and starting to build relationships with influencers
• Defining competitive landscape and identifying issues, gaps and opportunities for clients
• Mentoring, guiding and assisting Interns and coordinators
• Consistently meeting administrative requirements (i.e. timesheets, expenses, contributing to performance reviews)
• Keeping supervisors informed at all times
• Client communication, including project updates, counsel, reports and approvals
As the Account Coordinator or Account Executive, you will have:
• 1-3 years of relevant industry experience
• University degree. Post-grad diploma in PR and/or communications, a strong asset
• Knowledge/experience and interest in fitness and health, consumer, lifestyle and food
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task, manage priorities and meet tight deadlines. Detail-oriented, a must
• Strong understanding of media relations, influencer marketing and social media
• Experience in consumer media relations and product pitching
• Knowledge of budget maintenance and process
• Strong ability to distill insights and propose relevant recommendations
• Strong research capabilities
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good presentation skills
• The ability to contribute creative ideas
• Ability to mentor and guide more junior team members
• The ability to be flexible, adaptable and wear many hats
• A positive attitude and a desire to learn and grow
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided to candidates who are selected for assessment.