Put your skills to work for a fast-paced communications agency with a stellar reputation and one of the biggest names in the business, literally. We’re a place where being creative is not only encouraged, it’s expected. From coming up with the next big thing for some of the world’s most beloved brands to helping new businesses make their mark, there’s never a dull moment at FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR).
If you’re a natural storyteller who’s obsessed with keeping on the pulse of culture, come join our team of media relations and social strategists, writers, designers, and videographers in creating share-worthy content.
We are currently hiring an Account Coordinator (based in either Toronto or Ottawa), and we’re looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and motivated team player who has a passion for marketing, and public relations!
As the Account Coordinator you will be responsible for:
• Media monitoring and reporting
• Developing compelling media pitches and story angles
• Pitching media and fostering relationships
• Contributing to creative brainstorms and beginning to suggest new story ideas
• Writing client-ready documents
• Analyzing and interpreting research data and providing recommendations and feedback
• Managing vendors and understanding financial aspects of projects which include budgeting and PO process
• Working with representatives from account management, digital strategy, creative design, technical development and outside vendors/partners to effectively contribute to project deliverables
• Assuming a role as project coordinator, managing timelines, resources, and client communication to ensure the success of each project from beginning to end
• Identifying and starting to build relationships with influencers
• Consistently meeting administrative requirements (i.e. timesheets, expenses, contributing to performance reviews)
• Keeping supervisors informed on updates at all times
• Client communication, including project updates, counsel, reports and approvals
As the Account Coordinator, you will have:
• 1-3 years of relevant industry experience
• University degree. Post-grad diploma in PR and/or communications, a strong asset
• Knowledge/experience and interest in fitness and health, consumer, lifestyle and food/agribusiness
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task, manage priorities and meet tight deadlines. Detail-oriented is a must
• Strong understanding of media relations, influencer marketing and social media
• Experience in consumer media relations and product pitching
• Knowledge of budget maintenance and process
• Strong ability to distill insights and propose relevant recommendations
• Strong research capabilities
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good presentation skills
• The ability to contribute creative ideas
• The ability to be flexible, adaptable and wear many hats
• A positive attitude and a desire to learn and grow
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to Careers.firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided to candidates who are selected for assessment.