FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is a leading, full-service communications agency. We are a dedicated and entrepreneurial team, with a passion for building powerful connections between ideas, people and actions.
Specializing in Public Affairs, Corporate Reputation, Brand Marketing, Social, and Digital Innovation, we are widely known for creating compelling and award-winning campaigns for our clients, time and time again.
Put your skills to work for a fast-paced communications agency with a stellar reputation and one of the biggest names in the business, literally. When you join FHR, you join a winning team!
About the Role:
FleishmanHillard HighRoad Toronto is seeking an Account Executive with a passion for corporate, financial, tech and B2B communications.
We are seeking a proven corporate communications professional who holds a strong foundation in integrated communications and media relations.
If you are an enthusiastic and resourceful team player and can take a proactive role delivering results for some of the biggest companies in Canada, then this might be the role for you!
• Act as a core day-to-day client contact on multiple accounts
• Foster relationships with relevant journalists, while developing and pitching compelling story angles to media on behalf of clients
• Share actively in recommendations, ideas, and strategic responses to client situations with internal account teams
• Work professionally with clients and provide counsel on best-practices
• Demonstrate B2B / corporate communications experience
• Maintain budget trackers and activity reports for clients
• Mentor, guide and assist interns
• Consistently keeping supervisors and account team leads updated
• Support RFP submissions and new client pitch processes and teams through research, brainstorming, industry and competitive analysis and stakeholder assessments
• Exhibit a solid ability to effectively manage time and prioritize projects
Skills and Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing
• Must hold a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant client service experience in a corporate/financial/B2B communications role - public relations agency is preferred
• Demonstrated experience planning and delivering corporate communications programs to support business objectives
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple, complex and high-profile projects with a keen attention to detail
• Superb organizational and project management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands in a rapidly developing environment
• Ability to think strategically and manage daily client workload
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• High degree of judgment, discretion, tact, and insight
• Must be a self-starter and driver, challenging the team and clients – someone who also asks “what else can we do?”
• Direct experience with stakeholder communications and media relations, including pitching
• Strong account/project management skills including an understanding of budget management
The Ideal Candidate will be:
• Punctual and reliable
• Professional and presentable
• Well organized, with excellent planning and prioritizing abilities
• A strong multi-tasker
• A team player
• A media junkie
• Positive and solutions focused
• Keeps their cool in stressful situations
• Impeccable work ethic
• Able to respond with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick turnaround
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to Careers.email@example.com Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.