FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is a leading, full-service communications agency. We are a dedicated and entrepreneurial team, with a passion for building powerful connections between ideas, people and actions.
We are widely known for creating compelling and award-winning campaigns for our clients, in areas such as Public Affairs, Corporate Reputation, Brand Marketing, Social, and Digital Innovation.
When you join FleishmanHillard HighRoad, you join a winning team!
About the Role:
FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) Toronto is seeking an Account Executive/Consultant with a passion for technology and the tech sector. We are seeking a proven communications professional who holds a strong foundation in integrated communications, media relations and social media.
If you are an enthusiastic and resourceful team player, who thrives in an experimental environment and is keen to be part of growing FHR’s focus on the tech sector, then this might be the role for you!
*Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada. And must also be based in any of our core Canadian locations including Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver or Montreal. Contingent on location, this role will be hybrid or remote.
• Act as a core day-to-day client contact on multiple accounts
• Crafting compelling, relevant and valuable pitches that will secure interest - editor, reporter, blogger, producer etc.
• Following-up via phone and/or email on every pitch to secure coverage and/or spokesperson interview and build relationships with media
• Supporting the coordination of interviews and development of briefing materials for spokesperson
• Working with the team to develop story angles for client campaigns
• Actively sharing actively recommendations, ideas and strategic responses to client situations with internal account teams
• Working professionally with clients and provide counsel on best practices
• Helping maintain budget trackers and activity reports for clients
• Mentoring, guiding and assisting Account Coordinators and Interns
• Consistently keeping supervisors and account team leads updated
• Supporting RFP submissions and new client pitch processes and teams through research, brainstorming, industry and competitive analysis and stakeholder assessments
• Exhibiting a solid ability to effectively manage time and prioritize projects
Skills and Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing
• Must hold a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant client service experience in a technology/ corporate/consumer/B2B communications role - public relations agency is preferred
• Demonstrated experience planning and delivering communications programs to support business objectives
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills, with the ability to learn and incorporate industry-specific language
• Direct experience with social media platforms and how they are leveraged by media
• Ability to manage multiple, complex and high-profile projects with a keen attention to detail
• Superb organizational and project management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands in a rapidly developing environment
• Ability to think strategically and manage daily client workload
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• High degree of judgment, discretion, tact, and insight
• Must be a self-starter and driver, challenging the team and clients – someone who also asks “what else can we do?”
• Strong account/project management skills including an understanding of budget management
The Ideal Candidate will be:
• Punctual, reliable, and professional
• Well organized, with excellent planning and prioritizing abilities
• A team player and strong multi-tasker
• A media junkie
• Positive and solutions focused
• Keeps their cool in stressful situations
• Impeccable work ethic
• Able to respond with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick turnaround
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to Careers@fhhighroad.com
Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided to candidates who are selected for assessment.