FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is a leading, full-service communications agency. We are a dedicated and entrepreneurial team, with a passion for building powerful connections between ideas, people and actions. Specializing in Corporate Reputation, Brand Marketing, Public Affairs, Social, Digital Innovation, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Communications, we are widely known for creating compelling and award-winning campaigns for our clients, time and time again.
As one of Canada’s leading communications and public affairs firms, FHR develops and executes innovative, strategic and truly integrated programs and campaigns. At FHR, we value our people as much as we value our clients. At the very heart of the award-winning work we do for clients is our culture of success and the team members who engender passion, teamwork, entrepreneurship and mutual respect.
When you join FHR, you join a winning team!
About the Role:
FHR’s Ottawa location has an opening for an Associate Account Director to join our Public Affairs team. This role is for an experienced Public and Government Affairs Professional who holds an excellent understanding of public policy and the federal government, along with a strong background in client relations and program/project management.
Under the direction of Senior Leadership, the successful candidate will play an integral role in advancing our Public and Government Affairs practice by delivering government and media relations strategy, reactive counsel, issues monitoring, and driving results for our clients. Ideally, you are based in Ottawa and are bilingual in English and French.
• Provide counsel to clients on a wide range of government and public affairs needs, including direct advocacy, lobbying, stakeholder engagement, strategy development, issues and reputation management, traditional media and social media
• Lead the development and implementation of integrated public affairs programs for clients
• Build strong relationships with clients and key government contacts and serve as the day-to-day client contact and account team manager on multiple client accounts
• Develop, analyze, interpret and provide strategic advice on significant developments and/or trends in public policy and legislation that affect clients
• Develop and prepare client messaging, executive positioning, presentations to government and other communications materials that resonate with government audiences
• Develop and drive thought leadership platforms on relevant policy issues
• Staff projects effectively and manage client expectations
• Identify, respond to and lead new business initiatives
• Manage billing and client reporting
• Coach and mentor team members by effectively delegating work and providing frequent and constructive feedback
• 5 – 7 years of experience in a government or public affairs role, with a background developing and executing public and government affairs programs, including advocacy, positioning, media relations and executive communications
• Experience working in government is preferred
• Experience building relationships and working effectively with diverse stakeholders
• Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such as briefing notes, position papers, fact sheets, overviews of government initiatives and presentations to government
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver extraordinary results
• Agency experience and an understanding of agency financials and experience budgeting projects is considered an asset
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex political and policy issues across a broad range of public policy areas, such as agriculture and food, environment & sustainability, finance, technology, and health
• Superior knowledge of political, legislative and regulatory processes, as well as government policies and procedures
• Entrepreneurial attitude with a knack for building trusted relationships with clients and prospects that lead to additional, incremental new business opportunities
• Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives
• Previous experience managing people is considered an asset
• High degree of judgment, discretion, tact, and insight
**Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada indefinitely. This is a hybrid role.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
FHR is an equal opportunity employer and is working to become the most inclusive global agency. We are passionate about building and sustaining a working environment that is focused on diversity and wellbeing. We encourage applications from equity-deserving groups.
We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided to candidates who are selected for assessment.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.