FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is seeking an experienced government relations, communications and public affairs professional to join our Vancouver team. In this role you will oversee planning and execution of client programs with a focus on government relations, strategic communications and public affairs.
As one of Canada’s leading government relations and public affairs firms, FHR develops and executes innovative, strategic and truly integrated programs and campaigns. At FHR, we value our people as much as we value our clients. At the very heart of the award-winning work we do for clients is our culture of success and the team members who engender passion, teamwork, entrepreneurship and mutual respect.
FHR employees work in a fast-paced, professional and creative environment. We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
About the role:
The ideal candidate will have experience working in government or at the political level, and an excellent understanding of public policy and the B.C. government. He or she will also understand government communications and how to influence political, media and stakeholder environments.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in public affairs, with a proven track record in contributing to a wide range of services including government and media relations, crisis and corporate communications, team management and new business development. We are looking for a confident professional who is comfortable working with others and thrives within a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
If you fit the following profile, we’d like to meet you:
• You have demonstrated success in managing government relations, communications and public affairs campaigns that have increased awareness and successfully influenced government and third party stakeholder audiences.
• You have a solid understanding of the political/public policy landscape in Canada, and experience working in or with local and provincial government(s) in British Columbia.
• You have strong writing and communications skills.
• You are experienced monitoring, analyzing and interacting with officials and other stakeholders such as the media.
• Your creativity and strategic thinking are matched by your strong leadership qualities.
• You are a team player who understands how an agency works.
• You have experience developing and executing key contact programs.
• You are driven to help our firm grow and win new business.
• You get the big picture while paying attention to the details.
• You have more than five years of post-graduate working experience.
• You are fun to work with.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided to candidates who are selected for assessment.
About the Company:
FHR, one of the world’s leading strategic communications firms, has built its reputation on creating integrated solutions that deliver what its clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. The firm is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity and personal commitment. Based in St. Louis, the firm operates throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through its 80 owned offices. For more information, visit the FHR website at www.fhhighroad.com.
FHR is a part of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com). Omnicom is a leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, interactive, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FHR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.