FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is a leading, full-service communications agency. We are a dedicated and entrepreneurial team, with a passion for building powerful connections between ideas, people and actions. Specializing in Brand Marketing, Social, Digital Innovation, Public Affairs and Corporate Reputation, we are widely known for creating compelling and award-winning campaigns for our clients, time and time again.
About the role:
Have you ever caught yourself kerning your alphabits? Do you carefully curate your sock drawer according to colour, texture and most importantly theme? Do you select your personal grooming products based on packaging alone? Then this role may be the one for you.
FHR’s Toronto office is currently seeking a passionate and forward-thinking Graphic Designer Intern; someone who wants to kick start their career by working alongside people who live and breathe design as much as they do! Working with the rest of the creative team, this person will report to the Creative Director developing design solutions for anything from power points to print ads and everything in between.
• Collaborate with the Project Managers to and cross-functional teams to execute designs in a creative, ﬂexible, and organized manner from ideation through to ﬁnished product
• Develop design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and clients’ needs and make recommendations to improve look and feel of client projects
• Manage and create compelling and consistent design projects from print ads, campaign assets, websites, email templates, digital ads, videos, brochures, annual reports, signage, social posts, presentations etc.
• Assist with a wide range of simultaneous and complex design projects, communicating effectively under tight timelines
• Actively participate in cross-functional team meetings to better integrate creative design opportunities for clients
• Research and stay current with the latest developments in the ﬁeld of design and be familiar with industry trends and programs
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficiency on Mac OS X platform
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Creative Cloud
• Solid understanding of design principles with strong typographic and page layout skills;
• High attention to detail, excellent organizational and project management skills;
• Excellent with Microsoft Office applications;
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and proofs under minimal supervision in a team environment;
• Excellent time management skills to keep all jobs on track, meet deadlines & work with tight timelines
• Design, creativity and problem-solving skills;
• Must be able to react quickly in a dynamic business environment;
• Extremely proactive, organized, detail-oriented, client focused, deadline & results driven; and
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills
The Ideal Candidate will be:
• Punctual and reliable
• Professional and presentable
• Well organized, with excellent planning and prioritizing abilities
• A strong multi-tasker
• A team player
• Creative thinker
• Positive and solutions focused
• Keeps their cool in stressful situations
• Impeccable work ethic
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided to candidates who are selected for assessment.