FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is a leading, full-service communications agency. We are a dedicated and entrepreneurial team, with a passion for building powerful connections between ideas, people and actions.
Specializing in Public Affairs, Corporate Reputation, Brand Marketing, Social, and Digital Innovation, we are widely known for creating compelling and award-winning campaigns for our clients, time and time again.
When you join FleishmanHillard High Road, you join a winning team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
FHR is currently searching for our next star intern to join our Ottawa office. This is an exciting career opportunity for a dedicated team player who is an excellent communicator, has a strong attention to detail, and loves to multi-task. You will collaborate with members of the team, assisting with research, media relations, media pitching, writing, content creation, and reporting.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s and/or post-graduate certificate in Public Relations, Communications, or a related field
• Experience in Media Relations, including media list development, monitoring, and pitching
• Exhibits working level proficiency of the use of social media platforms; Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook
• Must excel in writing and exhibit critical thinking
• Holds strong research skills (primarily online)
• Superior time management and organizational abilities
• Must have PC skills (MS Office -Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer and PowerPoint)
• Possess a “Team Player” attitude
• Quick learner, and enjoys a fast-paced environment
• Possess strong problem-solving ability, and a well-defined work ethic
• Exceptional time management skills
• Able to respond with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick turnaround.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided to candidates who are selected for assessment.