FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is a leading, full-service communications agency. We are a dedicated and entrepreneurial team, with a passion for building powerful connections between ideas, people and actions.
Specializing in Public Affairs, Corporate Reputation, Brand Marketing, Social, and Digital Innovation, we are widely known for creating compelling and award-winning campaigns for our clients, time and time again.
When you join FleishmanHillard HighRoad, you join a winning team!
About the Role:
FHR is currently accepting applications for an Internship within our Public Affairs practice. This unique and exciting career opportunity is for a “Political Enthusiast”, who demonstrates a proven understanding of the Canadian government, including Atlantic politics. Under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Public Affairs, the chosen candidate will provide a wide range of communications support, with a focus on research, writing, monitoring & stakeholder relations.
** Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada and must be available to start early January 2023. This role is a paid 4 - 6 month contract and offers a remote working environment.
• Daily monitoring for FHR PA clients
• Conducting research and performing scans on government and party positions, stakeholders and stakeholder positions; media issues and influencers
• Assist in the preparation of various written materials to support outreach to/with: government (political, legislative and staff); stakeholders; media, and various public affairs projects
• Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications Required:
• Currently enrolled in or completed a Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Political Science
• Brings strong PC skills (MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and TEAMS)
• Must demonstrate a solid understanding of the Canadian government and up to date with current issues in Atlantic politics
• Highly adept and capable of conducting research and environmental scans via electronic and digital media
• Have excellent multi-tasking skills and exceptional time management skills
• Exhibits a strong understanding of social media platforms and how they are leveraged by media
• Commitment to quality, accuracy, and detail including adherence to company and client standards
• Exhibits strong problem-solving ability, attention to detail, and a well-defined work ethic
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills – Demonstrating a capacity to break down and communicate complex subjects effectively
The Ideal Candidate will be:
• Punctual and reliable
• Professional, well organized, with an excellent planning and prioritizing ability
• Detail-oriented and a strong multi-tasker
• A true “political junkie”
• Positive and solutions focused
• Able to respond with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick turnaround
Throughout the internship, you will gain the following:
• Exposure to a wide range of clients, allowing you to try on many hats while exploring the broad field of Communications and Public Affairs
• Strategic thinking skills when assisting with the creation of key message grids and issues management
• Access to mentorship from counselors with unique insights and experience
• The ability to truly understand what it means to multitask, prioritize and work smarter (not harder)
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided to candidates who are selected for assessment.