FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is a leading, full-service communications agency. We are a dedicated and entrepreneurial team, with a passion for building powerful connections between ideas, people and actions.
Specializing in Public Affairs, Corporate Reputation, Brand Marketing, Social, and Digital Innovation, we are widely known for creating compelling and award-winning campaigns for our clients, time and time again.
Put your skills to work for a fast-paced communications agency with a stellar reputation and one of the biggest names in the business, literally. When you join FHR, you join a winning team!
About the Role:
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is seeking a mid-level Planner/Strategist to join our Brand Marketing team. The candidate we are searching for is a well-rounded communications expert, with a proven track record of building strong brands across multiple client sectors.
As a “creative scientist”, you are hungry for information and bring divergent thinking to your team. You love to pull together disparate thoughts, ideas and activities, and bring them together to form a unique solution. Teamwork is a real passion point – humans working with humans to leave a real impact is a goal you work towards every day. You know how to create impactful, integrated, and measurable strategic platforms working with fellow planners and brand, channel and platform experts as needed.
With a keen eye for leveraging data, you demonstrate a highly analytical approach to revealing insights and human truths that lay the foundation for innovative ideas, and ultimately transform the way audiences believe, think, feel, and act. And as an exceptional planner, strategist, and presenter, you possess an unwavering commitment to excellence and you know how to use creativity to garner the right emotion.
Working cross functionally with our multidisciplinary teams, The Planner/Strategist will craft integrated PR and marketing strategies which deliver on our client’s goals and propel their business forward.
• Support planning for a diverse portfolio of brands
• Deliver compelling research, insights, and inspiration to the creative team and write insightful creative briefs, without much oversight
• Evaluate the client brief and determine priorities and in partnership with client leaders
• Develop insights that drive strategic frameworks and inspire breakthrough ideas
• Listening, question and reformulate clients’ business issues
• Learn and understand FHR processes and how to move work through the agency
• Lead strategic and tactical planning workshops with clients to collaborate in the brand development
• Review plans to help understand the gaps and identify opportunities for each brand considering their challenges
• Effectively collaborating in projects with transversal teams to ensure business and projects’ objectives are met
• Build key deliverables in collaboration with each department throughout the process
• Work collaboratively with internal and external research partners to bring cultural trends and audience data to help shape insights and strategic development
• Utilize research and analytics tools to perform secondary research and analysis
• Partner with intelligence and media + platform teams, to ensure that measurement frameworks, reporting and campaign optimizations align to the strategic framework
• Partner with the IAT, and navigate roles and responsibilities within the planning discipline, and between agencies
• Play an integral role within the planning practice to create and expand offerings
• Relevant experience in strategy, client services, including PR; with 3+ years of experience in an integrated global communications agency preferred
• Experience participating in research initiatives, workshop facilitation, brand building, campaign development and overall measurement
• Demonstrate familiarity in using tools like tools like MRI/Simmons, Forrester, GWI, Mintel, WARC, Google Analytics etc.
• Must be up to date on industry trends/innovations and platforms and observing initiatives from competitors to identify opportunities that will allow our clients to meet their objectives
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to creatively build and maintain solid relationships and deliver outstanding results
• Well versed in all forms of integrated marketing including social and digital; continue to drive the adoption of an integrated client experience as opportunity allows
• Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, and take ownership to ensure success
• Highly collaborative who is focused on the success of the work and the overall planning team performance
**Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada indefinitely. And must be based in any of our core Canadian locations including Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, or Montreal. Contingent on location, this role will be hybrid or remote.
Covid 19: All employees of FHR must be vaccinated against Covid 19. Proof of vaccination will be requested when employment commences.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided to candidates who are selected for assessment.