ABOUT THE ROLE
We're currently seeking Senior Consultants for our Ottawa office!
This unique and exciting career opportunity is for individuals who have strong client relationship and project management backgrounds and who demonstrate proven abilities in communications as well as an understanding of the Canadian government. We are looking for confident professionals with agency experience who thrives within a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
The successful candidates will hold 5 - 6 years’ experience in Public Affairs and Strategic Communications, with proven track records in contributing to a wide range of services including government and media relations, crisis and corporate communications, project and people management and new business development. As generalists, these individuals will be versatile and will play a key role within their teams, driving results for a number of high level clients. Travel may be required.
- Manage complex projects, budgets and teams and analyze the results within the client’s overall program
- Develop, analyze and provide strategic advice on communications campaigns as well as developments and/or trends in public policy that affect clients
- Develop and implement comprehensive public affairs programs and tactics, along with supporting materials
- Demonstrate tactical excellence in the pursuit of client results and demonstrate the ability to analyze results of major projects and suggest additional tactics necessary to ensure successes
- Identify, respond and contribute to new business pitches
- Coach and mentor junior team members by effectively delegating work and providing frequent and constructive feedback
- Support RFP submissions and new client pitch processes and teams through research, brainstorming, industry and competitive analysis and stakeholder assessment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in a Political Science, Public Policy or Communications is preferred
- A minimum of 5-6 years of relevant experience in a communications and/or public affairs role. Agency experience is strongly preferred.
- Superb organizational and project management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands in a rapidly developing environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute communications programs
- Experience in using targeted media for advocacy and outreach purposes
- General knowledge of political, legislative and regulatory processes, as well as government policies and procedures
- A demonstrated record of developing and implementing comprehensive communications programs
- Ability to think strategically and manage daily client workload
- Ability to work in teams, as well as the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- High degree of judgment, discretion, tact, and insight
If you fit the bill – send us your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference SC Ottawa.We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We provide reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.