FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is a leading, full-service communications agency specializing in Public Affairs, Corporate Reputation, Brand Marketing, Social, and Digital Innovation. We are widely known for creating compelling and award-winning campaigns for our clients. FHR is part of the FleishmanHillard network – one of the world’s largest international communications consultancies with over 80 offices around the globe.
FleishmanHillard HighRoad’s unique and positive work culture encourages creativity and innovation as well as open communication, teamwork and a relaxed work atmosphere.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This unique and exciting career opportunity is for someone who has a strong client relationship and project management background and who demonstrates proven abilities in communications as well as an understanding of the Canadian government. We are looking for a confident professional with agency experience who thrives within a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
The successful candidate will hold 4-5 years’ experience in Public Affairs and Strategic Communications, with a proven track record in contributing to a wide range of services including government and media relations, crisis and corporate communications, project and people management and new business development. This individual will be versatile and will play a key role within their team, driving results for a number of clients.
• Manage complex projects, budgets and teams and analyze the results within the client’s overall program
• Develop, analyze and provide strategic advice on communications campaigns as well as developments and/or trends in public policy that affect clients
• Develop and implement comprehensive communication and public affairs programs and tactics, along with supporting materials
• Demonstrate tactical excellence in the pursuit of client results and demonstrate the ability to analyze results of major projects and suggest additional tactics
necessary to ensure successes
• Identify, respond and contribute to new business pitches
• Coach and mentor junior team members by effectively delegating work and providing frequent and constructive feedback
• Support RFP submissions and new client pitch processes and teams through research, brainstorming, industry and competitive analysis and stakeholder assessment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in a Political Science, Public Policy or Communications is preferred
• 4-5 years of relevant experience in a communications and/or public affairs role
• Agency experience is an asset
• Superb organizational and project management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands in a rapidly developing environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute communications programs
• Experience in using targeted media for advocacy and outreach purposes
• Experience in having navigated political, legislative, and regulatory processes, as well as government policies and procedures
• A demonstrated record of developing and implementing comprehensive communications programs
• Ability to think strategically and manage daily client workload
• Ability to work in teams, as well as the ability to work independently
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• High degree of judgment, discretion, tact, and insight
• Bilingual in English and French would be an asset
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all applicants, only those who qualify will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We provide reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation or send us an email at email@example.com.