FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is a leading, full-service communications agency. We are a dedicated and entrepreneurial team, with a passion for building powerful connections between ideas, people and actions.
Specializing in Public Affairs, Corporate Reputation, Brand Marketing, Social, and Digital Innovation, we are widely known for creating compelling and award-winning campaigns for our clients, time and time again.
Put your skills to work for a fast-paced communications agency with a stellar reputation and one of the biggest names in the business, literally. When you join FHR, you join a winning team!
About the role:
FleishmanHillard HighRoad Toronto is seeking a media relations expert with a passion for brand, tech and B2B communications. We are seeking a proven corporate communications professional who holds a strong foundation in integrated communications and media relations.
Are you an enthusiastic and resourceful team player who can take a proactive role and deliver results for some of the biggest companies in Canada?
Do you bring a well-rounded set of skills and have interest working with a multidisciplinary team?
Are you a creative self-starter with the ability to interact constructively with clients?
Are you a natural born storyteller?
Then this might be the role for you!
• Act as a core day-to-day client contact on multiple accounts in our technology/B2B and brand practices
• Share actively in recommendations, ideas, and strategic responses to client situations with internal account teams
• Work professionally with clients and provide counsel on best practices
• Serve as an expert in traditional media relations with an understanding of the changing media landscape
• Help Identify and respond to new business pitches
• Maintain budget trackers and activity reports for clients
• Coach and mentor junior team members
• Develop and edit advanced-level written materials, including media correspondence, bylines and speaking abstracts, demonstrating the ability to research and structure the content of these materials
Skills and Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing
• A minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience preferably in an agency environment
• Experience within technology/B2B/brand practice areas of a public relations agency is preferred
• Demonstrated experience planning and delivering corporate communications programs to support business objectives
• Extensive experience in using targeted media for advocacy, thought leadership, and outreach purposes
• Ability to provide strategic communications counsel, specifically in a corporate communications context
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple, complex and high-profile projects with a keen attention to detail
• Superb organizational and project management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands in a rapidly developing environment
• Ability to think strategically and manage daily client workload
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• High degree of judgment, discretion, tact, and insight
• Direct experience with stakeholder communications and media relations
• Strong account/project management skills including an understanding of budget management
• Keen understanding of the role of digital media in integrated communications strategies
The Ideal Candidate will be:
• Punctual and reliable
• Professional and presentable
• Well organized, with excellent planning and prioritizing abilities
• A strong multi-tasker
• A team player
• A media junkie
• Able to respond with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick turnaround
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to Careers.email@example.com
Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided to candidates who are selected for assessment.