FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is a leading, full-service communications agency. We are a dedicated and entrepreneurial team, with a passion for building powerful connections between ideas, people and actions.
Part of one of the world’s largest global agencies, FHR specializes in Technology, Public Affairs, Corporate Reputation, Brand Marketing, Social, and Digital Innovation. We are widely known for creating compelling and award-winning campaigns for our clients, time and time again.
Put your skills to work for a fast-paced communications agency with a stellar reputation and one of the biggest names in the business, literally. When you join FHR, you join a winning team!
FleishmanHillard HighRoad has an immediate opening for a public relations practitioner with a passion for technology, corporate, financial, and B2B communications.
We are seeking a proven corporate communications professional, who holds 4-5 years’ of work experience, coupled with a strong foundation in integrated communications and media relations.
Are you an enthusiastic and resourceful team player, who can take a proactive role and deliver results for some of the biggest companies in Canada?
Do you bring a solid understanding of the technology and business communications world?
Are you excited about the new advancements in technology and keen to learn more about emerging markets?
Are you a creative self-starter with the ability to interact constructively with clients?
Then this might be the role for you!
• Act as a core day-to-day client contact on multiple accounts
• Share actively in recommendations, ideas, and strategic responses to client situations with internal account teams
• Work professionally with clients and provide counsel on best-practice
• Serve as an expert in traditional media relations with an understanding of the changing media landscape
• Demonstrate technology / B2B / business / product communications experience
• Help Identify and respond to new business pitches
• Maintain budget trackers and activity reports for clients
• Coach and mentor junior team members
• Support RFP submissions and new client pitch processes and teams through research, brainstorming, industry and competitive analysis and stakeholder assessments
• Develop and edit advanced-level written materials, including media correspondence, bylines and speaking abstracts, demonstrating the ability to research and structure the content of these materials
• Exhibit a solid ability to effectively manage time and prioritize projects
• Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing
• A minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience preferably in an agency environment
• Experience within the technology or B2B practice area of a public relations agency is preferred
• Demonstrated experience planning and delivering corporate communications programs to support business objectives
• Extensive experience in using targeted media for advocacy, thought leadership, and outreach purposes
• Ability to provide strategic communications counsel, specifically in a corporate communications context
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple, complex and high-profile projects with a keen attention to detail
• Superb organizational and project management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands in a rapidly developing environment
• Ability to think strategically and manage daily client workload
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• High degree of judgment, discretion, tact, and insight
• Must be a self-starter and driver, challenging the team and clients – someone who also asks “what else can we do?”
• Direct experience with stakeholder communications and media relations
• Strong account/project management skills including an understanding of budget management
• Keen understanding of the role of digital media in integrated communications strategies
• Punctual and reliable
• Professional and presentable
• Well organized, with excellent planning and prioritizing abilities
• A strong multi-tasker
• A team player
• A media junkie
• Positive and solutions focused
• Keeps their cool in stressful situations
• Impeccable work ethic
• Keen interest to learn and explore new technology markets
• Able to respond with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick turnaround