FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is a leading, full-service, integrated communications agency. With headquarters based in St. Louis, Missouri, we are part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and have more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. We are a dedicated and entrepreneurial team, with a passion for building powerful connections between ideas, people and actions.
Specializing in reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital and social Innovation, we deliver integrated communications solutions for our clients, and are widely known for creating award-winning campaigns, time and time again.
When you join FHR, you join a winning team!
About the role
As part of the global FleishmanHillard network, FHR has an opening in our Toronto location for a Vice President to join our TRUE Global Intelligence (TGI) Practice. Our TGI practice serves as a strategic enabler to the broader organization by harnessing research and data-driven insights to achieve client business objectives. Our work within TRUE Global Intelligence integrates measurement, primary research and secondary research methods with advanced data analytics and strategic consulting.
As the Vice President of TGI, you will serve as a key team member leading research, insights, and measurement across a variety of business sectors. And will be responsible for measuring impact of communications campaigns, assessing competitive landscapes, uncovering audience insights, and providing guidance on branding and reputation management strategies.
We are searching for a highly analytical research and measurement expert, who is passionate about producing impactful data-driven insights, to provide innovative intelligence solutions which propel client business strategies forward.
**Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada indefinitely. This is a hybrid role based in Toronto.
Covid 19: All employees of FHR must be vaccinated against Covid 19. Proof of vaccination will be requested when employment commences.
Terms of Employment: Full Time Permanent
Language of Work: English
Salary: $115,000 - 150,000
Benefits: Full Health & Dental Benefits Coverage, Employer Paid
Contact Number: 416-416-214-0701
FHR Toronto: 1500-33 Bloor Street, Toronto, ON M4W3H1
• Manage and oversee end-to-end execution of research projects while cultivating strong relationships with clients and cross-functional teams
• Manage multiple project teams simultaneously; collecting relevant data, analyzing data, producing research reports, presenting finding and conclusions to clients, ensuring established processes are followed and maintaining required documentation to deliver results that meet the highest quality standards
• Translate data and findings into actionable and strategic insights using data visualization
• Draft of proposals and statements of work for new opportunities with existing clients
• Build an understanding of key audiences and stakeholders through in-depth, data-driven profiling and map those audiences to the media, key opinion leaders and influencers who impact them, identify trends and test impact against audiences to identify suggested program optimizations and relevant, proactive moments that help clients to realize their goals
• Employ a wide range of media and social listening/aggregation platforms to conduct necessary research (e.g., competitive intelligence, sector analysis, customer values, market segmentation, business development, etc.)
• Assess baseline and trending brand and reputation metrics
• Build attribution models to assess the effectiveness of communications results on business measures such as sales
• Provide guidance to teams on quality control plans for projects
• Develop pricing for proposed measurement and secondary research projects
• Engage client stakeholders to understand how measurement will address business needs and ensure client success; lead design of research and measurement programs based on client business requirements
• Manage budgets for active projects
• Develop relationships to spearhead organic growth of business with existing clients to find new opportunities and propose solutions to problems
• Collaborate with business development and account teams to pursue new business opportunities and maintain an active pipeline of prospects
• Escalate issues that impact the timeline, budget or data quality in a timely manner
• 10+ years of experience in communications measurement or market research
• Excellent project management skills; capable of setting priorities, meeting deadlines and managing projects.
• Able to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels using both technical and non-technical verbiage. Great at presenting findings to a diverse audience
• Able to build strong working relationships with clients, team members and stakeholders. Previous experience in a client-service capacity is preferred
• Hands-on expertise using Factiva, YouGov BrandIndex, Statista, GlobalWebIndex (or other syndicated research platforms), Trendkite, NewsWhip, , Talkwalker, Tagger, Rival IQ, or other leading audience and listening platforms
• Comfortable with asking good questions in order to get to the heart of issues quickly and act decisively while seeing the “bigger picture”
• Proven analytical and deductive reasoning skills; able to translate findings into actionable insights
• Coachable, highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to be flexible and precise under tight deadlines
• You get excited about details, data, and have a passion for solving problems
• You’ve developed mastery in analytics and storytelling and can be strategic in operational excellence
• You are persuasive in selling the importance of research and analytics
• You have a deep understanding of data, people, and their behaviors that helps shape smart marcom strategies and programs for clients
• You can manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and keep your “cool” in midst of chaos.
• You are highly experienced in client-service
• You always find an opportunity or solution to any problem
• You’re collaborative, decisive, and provide clear guidance and direction
• You are a strong communicator, both influential and empathetic, and can and manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume via email to Careers@fhhighroad.com
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact the office directly about this role.
We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided to candidates who are selected for assessment.