FleishmanHillard Highroad (FHR) is a leading, marketing & communications agency, based in Toronto with offices across the country.
Our team is on a mission to help our clients better connect and align their brand and reputation. Our team is made up of amazing practitioners across all facets of the marketing and communications spectrum. As a full-service agency specializing in in brand, reputation and public affairs, our team delivers integrated strategies that are rooted in data and insights and brought to life with strong creative targeted at the audiences that matter most to our clients.
With several locations across Canada, we have physical office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver, along with remote teams in Ottawa, Calgary, and Nova Scotia. We are a fully owned subsidiary of St. Louis, Missouri-based FleishmanHillard Corp and are proud to be part of an amazing global network with offices around the world.
Our Values and Culture:
At FHR, our vision is clear - To be Canada’s most impactful agency by building better business relationships. To deliver on that vision, our values are rooted in teamwork. We are proud of the work we do; we focus on building smart and creative programs that deliver real business results for our clients; we seek to bring out the good in all we do; and most importantly we work super hard for each other.
Our values define how we collaborate, how we behave, and how we develop great work. From our senior leaders to our new hires, everyone on our team works together to cultivate an engaging, forward-thinking, and highly productive workplace culture.
About the Position:
The marketing and communications business is changing rapidly and there has never been a better time to be part of this industry. We are looking for a dynamic individual to lead one of the most important aspects of our company – our talent and their development. People are at the heart of our culture and our business, so this role is mission critical to our success.
As VP of People and Culture, you will work closely with our Executive Leadership Team. Your job is to be our talent sherpa. We want to be the place where individuals will look back on their career and say, “I loved working there – I worked with good people; good clients; and I learned a lot”.
As a compassionate and motivating leader, our ideal candidate is someone who inspires confidence through action and demonstrates a proven ability to coach managers and teams on embedding cultural values into their day-to-day management practices.
The role will be based in Toronto and support close to 100 employees across Canada. If you are an ambitious person who is passionate about workplace culture and how to bring best practices forward to create a highly engaged workforce, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
Key areas of focus will include the following:
People Manager Development
• Help develop our existing and future people managers.
• Ensure our leaders and managers have training and resources that guide their development as people managers.
• Implement standards of practice for how people are managed, so that there is a consistent employee experience at FHR.
• Bring forward fresh ideas as it relates to the talent journey at FHR, from talent acquisition, to onboarding, training and development.
• Serve as a resource to business partners in the identification of candidates for critical roles.
• Work with managers and business leaders to deliver consistent career and talent assessments; 360 leadership assessments; and bring forward other best practices to help guide constructive feedback and develop talent.
• Work with managers and business leaders to set SMART performance goals, deliver constructive and timely feedback; and performance reviews to help individuals grow and develop in their roles.
Training and Development
• Partner with the global Talent Development team to deliver tailored individual training and team-based training leveraging Omnicom EDGE Training Platform.
• Work with global Talent Development team to further roll out and integrate Clifton Strengths™ training across the business.
• Assess, recommend, and implement other training requirements for FHR as identified.
Leadership Team Support
• Work closely with leadership team to execute talent strategies that support the growth and strategic direction of the company.
• Bring forward key trends and ideas to ensure we are at the top of our game as it pertains to people management, talent development and organizational leadership.
• Work with global Talent Development team to bring forward new programs and initiatives that are being rolled out across the organization.
Support global TD team and provide local context and understanding from a legal and regulatory as new legislation and/or trends arise in the Canadian market.
TD Team Management
• Manage a small but mighty talent development team.
• Provide oversight and expertise on benefits, payroll and managing compensation programs.
• Bachelor's Degree, with a certificate or diploma in a talent development or related field, including 10+ years of experience in a HR/Talent Management role.
• Strong project management skills.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills required; spoken and/or written French-language skills an asset.
• Strong leadership, coaching and consulting skills.
• Ability to identify exceptional talent for key roles around the company.
• Proven track record of designing and leading cross-functional business transformation initiatives
• Strong business acumen and ability to translate business strategy into organization development plans.
• Ability to consult with and add value to senior leadership team on all issues relating to human resources.
• Ability to handle difficult situations professionally and compassionately.
• Ability to make data-informed decisions.
• Possesses high standards for quality and exceptional attention to detail.
• Demonstrates teamwork, tact, leadership, flexibility, initiative, and dependability.
• Sound knowledge of labor laws and other regulatory practices.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Experience working with a global organization is a plus.
• Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
To apply for this opportunity, please go to: Vice President, People and Culture/Human Resources in Toronto, Ontario | Careers (icims.com)
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FHR is an equal opportunity employer and along with our parent company, has set a goal to become the world’s most inclusive agency. We are passionate about building and sustaining a working environment that is focused on diversity and wellbeing. We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process, as requested.